Friday, April 03, 2009

Aliens (the outer space kind) Wanted by the U.S. Postal Inspector!

Take a good, hard look at these aliens, pictured below. They are currently being hunted by the U.S. Postal Inspection Service!



Yes, a U.S. government agency is hunting aliens! And no, I don't mean this
pseudo law enforcement agency, but the far more legitimate and useful U.S. Post Office.

THIS IS FOR REAL. THIS IS NOT A HOAX.

I wouldn't have known if the following had not happened to me on last Wednesday. I received a REAL SNAIL MAIL CHAIN LETTER! It was SO COOL! Immediately I had all kinds of ideas of how to respond. I'm still not sure, I might send these folks a heartfelt letter of thanks for brightening up an otherwise booooring day. Maybe I will send them some pesos. Maybe I will write a book about it. Or maybe, in response to the letter's claim that "Not only is this not illegal, it's a great idea." I will instead send them information from the U.S. Postal Inspectors webpage as a helpful reminder that um, yeah, chain letters, are actually totally illegal, and moreover, not such a hot idea either.

If you find yourself in a similar, exciting position, and are seeking more information, see
here and here.

If however, you find yourself in a similar position of being scammed through the U.S. mail, and are seeking retribution over it, Raise a rukus!

And don't forget to hunt those aliens, too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home