Monday, May 05, 2008

More on the Job and Upcoming Roadtrip

So yes I swear I actually have been offered a job. I walked in graduation last week and it was a big relief to be able to finally have an answer to everybody who asked, "So what's next?"

I've been offered a post-doc in a decent sized Midwest town. Yes it looks like I'm relocating to a landlocked corn-fed city. I'm really excited about the opportunity and sort of ambivalent about the location....it could definitely be worse but it could totally be better. Of course anything better would have a much higher cost of living, something I wouldn't be able to swing on a post-doc salary.

At this point all I can say is that it's very very weird to be finally facing change after...years, years, years of the same.

So spousal unit and I are going to go check out the city and a bunch of other cities on our.... Four Dollar a Gallon Gas Roadtrip Tour 08! Wooohooo! Based on my lack of planning and a quick glance as a U.S. map it looks like we'll be driving through at least 13 states including our own! We'll be stopping to visit friends and family in MO, IN, NC, and FL. Holy crap. It's a good thing we're able to borrow a Prius for this ridiculous adventure.

More later...and hopefully some updates from the road.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home