Monday, August 06, 2007

Some success is good

Some good news from the proposal front. After what seems like a lifetime of procrastination, revision, and some actual writing, I have completed some sort of final draft of my dissertation proposal. My chair and advisor have signed off on it and yesterday I sent it out to my statistician and my 4th committee member. I don’t expect many revisions from the committee member but the statistician, as they all are, is bound to be a bit more unpredictable.

It is, in total, including references but not all of my appendices, nearly 15,000 words long. What the hell is wrong with me?!

More good news: I have actually applied for data access. My data is kept under lock and key with what seems to be more security than the freaking Hope Diamond. Needless to say, the application to allow me to actually analyze the data is pretty intense. I wouldn’t be surprised if they undertake a criminal background check and start calling on my friends to find out my dirty little statistical secrets. I can totally envision my undoing, "Yeah, and once, she like totally forgot to check for multicollinearity when running a logistic regression exercise in class." Thus sounds my death knell.

Next up, university research application protocols and institutional review board (IRB) application. This is bound to be the best part.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home