Friday, January 05, 2007

Productivity Note

After a whole lot of laziness over the past few weeks I was inspired to finish a manuscript evaluating the Texas Safe Haven policy that allows for the legal surrender of unwanted and unharmed infants to designated locations. Well it's not really an evaluation but who's being picky (besides me)?

So I did a sorta-okay but not-perfect job on it (which I find is the ONLY way to actually accomplish anything in academia). All that really matters is that it is completed.

I have been working on this manuscript in one form or another for YEARS now. And I just now submitted it to a top-tier journal. I look forward to the rejection, which will hopefully come quickly. Actually the onlyarticle I have previously submitted to this journal was turned around with a resounding "NO" within 24 hours. At least that gives plenty of time to send somewhere else!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Flanagan said...

"a sorta-okay but not-perfect job on it (which I find is the ONLY way to actually accomplish anything in academia)"

As opposed to corporate America or the Government(TM) where everything is grade-A, under budget, and early.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Julep said...

hmmm. the grass. it's greener?

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home