Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Dissertation Rabbit

I just spent 15 minutes on the phone with a friend of mine who is trying to finish up her dissertation. I, as you know, am trying to start mine. In my typical fashion of doing ANYTHING BUT MY DISSERTATION I spent at least 5 minutes of this conversation complaining about how I am not working on my dissertation and how my advisor has started asking me lots of questions about my progress.

Say I found a genie in a bottle. I would wish for a magical pot. If I had this hypothetically magical stew pot, every day I would throw in those 5 minutes of whining, plus the 45 I spend reading other people's dissertation blogs, plus the 60 minutes I spend working on other papers, a dash of shopping, commuting, socializing, and domesticating time, plus...well, you get the point, give it a few brisk stirs, and pull out a dissertation rabbit. This rabbit would then grab my laptop, hop into the corner, and start typing. And I would soon be crowned Dr. Sandi. Happily ever after.

I can only continue to dream...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home