Friday, January 05, 2007

My Two Front Teeth and Happy/Crappy

I have been busy avoiding my responsibilities. Yesterday I watched 2 Law and Order re-runs, one soap opera, 2 sitcoms, and one talk show. Needless to say I never made it into the office.

The discerning reader will note that this blog now includes a list of books I am currently reading and have read over the course of the year. I'm not including those books piled up on the bedside table though....you know the ones. The dusty ones that have been there for 6 months? That I am too stubborn/proud to dismiss outright? This list is intended to give me a sense of accomplishment. I may not be publishing, I may not be graduating, I may not be impacting the world in a meaningful way, but damnit, I can prove to myself and the world that I am a great reader of NOVELS!

Oh, and I got lotsa fun stuff for XMas and my birthday. Including......my very own website. It's not up yet but when it is, you, dear reader, will be the first to hear about it.

To conclude, let's do a run down of the Year-to-Date a la Happy/Crappy:

Happy
Tomorrow I am going skydiving for my 30th bday.

Crappy
After 4 1/2 months of review, an article that I have spent an excessive amount of time writing has been REJECTED.
I can't seem to sit down and write my dissertation proposal. It just isn't working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home