Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Those Pesky Letters of Recommendation

Today I sent off 3 more requests for letters of recommendation for post-doc fellowships. Each time I do this I feel like a needy, greedy, over-reaching self-centered begger. But I have always wondered in the back of my mind what the letters say. Although, after seeing this letter below from Angry Professor, I am not so curious anymore.

Good news though, these endless letters and applications have paid off with another interview in Very Cold Midatlantic State in late January. So I suppose my profs haven't called me a sycophant....yet.
Dear Admissions Committee,
Mr. Bronze Malheur has asked me to write a letter in support of his application to your graduate program. I am dumbfounded: not only am I astonished that he has asked me to write this letter, but also that he has any intention of going to graduate school or that he believes he could possibly be successful.
He is a groveling toady, a sycophant.
In sum, I can think of no one with a college diploma less qualified for graduate work than Mr. Malheur. I suggest you burn his application materials and return his application fee. If you admit him to your program, you will curse the day you were born.
Sincerely,
Angry Professor
 blog it

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home