Thursday, October 19, 2006

Handbag Hodgepodge

Ok ok. So for some reason my Project Runway finale-inspired anxiety last night fueled some OCD-like behaviors, including a manic handbag cleaning. I found 3 different purses that I haven't used for a while in various closets that all were filled with junk. Look at all the goodies I found:

1 memory stick from sometime in the last century
1 teabag
1 large pink eraser
1 batch of Post-Its
1 safety pin
1 green button
2 AA batteries
2 nail files
2 paperclips
3 matchbooks
3 toothpicks
3 yellow highlighters
3 TUMS
4 pencils
5 types of lipstick, lipgloss, and Chapstick
5 sticks o'gum
6 Advil
7 bobby pins
9 tampons (!)
9 pens
11 hair bands
16 mints
$2.95 in change
A multitude of receipts, business cards, and general garbage


Wow. Clearly I have some problems with clutter. I'll bring it up later with my therapist.

Overall, this whole experience has reminded me of when I was a little girl and loved--more than almost anything--digging around in my mom and my grandma's purse. For some reason my grandma always had lots of gum, rubberbands, and business cards while my mom mostly just carried cigarettes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home