Monday, November 24, 2008

Postdocly Life- It's Not So Bad

Here I am, 6 weeks into the rest of my life (real employment at a different university post- PhD).

Some might say a postdoc still isn't a "real" job. To that I say: It's as real as I can handle post-PhD.

My long-term readers will all remember my extended periods of moaning and complaining about graduate school. It was horrible, it was a cult, it was soul-sucking, blah, blah, blah.

Well today I'd like to sing another tune about post-doc life. Surprisingly, it's not a tune about high-powered R1 research institutions and the ego-mania they engender, the anxiety caused by living a purely grant-funded existence, the inherent problems of being, yet again, at the bottom of a strongly hierarchical system, or the difficulties in balancing a mentor's work with your own ideas.

The tune is thus: POSTDOCLY LIFE TOTALLY AWESOME AND I LOVE IT!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you? I think I'm on the wrong blog.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home