Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Is It Cheating?

Is it cheating if I count my abstract and references when doing a word count for one of my dissertation chapters?

If not, I have 8511 words for chapter 2/study 1. Ultimately word counts are irrelevant. Especially because I am writing my dissertation in a manuscript format and ultimately will have to submit to a journal with much stricter word limits. But the fact that I have a lot of raw material to work with feels great.

It's 6 p.m. now and I've been up since about 6 a.m. (FYI: this is FREAKISHLY early for me.) And yes, except for a about 30 minutes browsing iTunes for some new Bollywood hits and eating lunch while watching some of my secret soap, I have been writing ALL DAY.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For myself, I found good posture while lengthy typing must lessen back pain.

It's hard work, but just do it. Good for you!

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home